How Can Menopause Be Managed Naturally?
Author: Nic Monteforte
"How can menopause be managed naturally?" is a question that is becoming more and more popular among women who are looking for alternative and healthy ways to cope with the symptoms of menopause. If you're one of those women, you've come to the right place! This blog will explore some of the most effective natural remedies for managing menopause symptoms.
First, let's take a closer look at what menopause actually is. Menopause is the end of a woman's reproductive years, and it typically occurs between the ages of 45 and 55. During this time, the ovaries stop producing eggs, leading to a decrease in oestrogen levels and progesterone levels in the body. This hormonal shift can cause a wide range of physical and emotional symptoms, including hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, mood swings, and more, which are no fun and, at times, quite debilitating. Trust me, and I have experienced them all first-hand.
The good news is that you CAN manage menopause symptoms naturally. So, here are some of my best and favourite options:
- Exercise: Regular physical activity has been shown to help relieve many of the symptoms of menopause, including hot flashes, mood swings, and fatigue. Whether you prefer yoga, walking, or strength training, finding an exercise routine that you enjoy will not only help you manage menopause symptoms but also improve your overall health and well-being. I love a good Strong Formula workout with Mary! It's so simple. I just log into the Strong Formula App and hit play.
- Herbs and supplements: Certain herbs and supplements are believed to help balance hormones and reduce menopause symptoms. For me, a good magnesium and a specially developed menopause tea have been my go-to's and are available in our Menotique Store.
- Diet: Eating a healthy, balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein can help you maintain a healthy weight and reduce the risk of heart disease, osteoporosis, and other health problems often associated with menopause. Additionally, adding soy products to your diet may help relieve hot flashes and other symptoms.
- Mind-body techniques: Mind-body techniques such as meditation, mindfulness, and deep breathing can help reduce stress and anxiety, making menopause symptoms more manageable. These practices can also improve your overall mental and emotional well-being.
- Breathing: Box breathing and nose breathing are known to calm the nervous system down and, therefore, lower cortisol levels, reducing the body's hormones going into overdrive. I personally use these techniques almost every day because they really do work!
Managing menopause symptoms naturally is possible, but it takes a multi-faceted approach. By incorporating a healthy diet, regular exercise, herbal supplements, mind-body techniques, and breathing into your routine, you can reduce the severity of your symptoms and maintain good health during this transition. Strong Formula has been developed to tackle it by walking with you on the journey. Finally, and most importantly, don't hesitate to talk to your doctor about any concerns you may have about menopause. They can help you determine the best course of action for your specific needs.
In the end, remember that menopause is a normal and natural part of life. By taking care of yourself and seeking out natural remedies, you can make this transition as smooth and manageable as possible. So, embrace the changes, take charge of your health, and enjoy the journey! Download the Strong Formula App NOW.
You may also like to read,
Don’t go through it alone! Join Strong Formula’s menopause-focused community today.
Let's get better together sistas!
Author: Nic Monteforte
Reinvention and Stress Management Coach